.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

What Type Of Career Is It Preparing You For - 1219 Words

The first question that I was presented was, â€Å"What type of career is it preparing you for?† That is really a hard question to answer properly. I have had many ideas of different careers that I have wanted to be in. Each career option I have thought about don’t really coincide with each other that much. When I was younger I thought of being a Paleontologist. Thanks to my reading of Jurassic Park and having the movie. I was only seven at the time but that is what I want to do. Later on I wanted to be a storm chaser. I still think that is a cool but crazy career option. However, I really didn’t want to deal with all the weather science and meteorological studies. Then once I was in junior high I started to learn more about computers and programming. I was not the top of my class but I was thinking way further ahead than my peers. In high school I was introduced to more advanced computer ideas but not too much in the programming side of things. As I learned about computers and as I honed my skills in art I thought about being a digital artist. However, what I wanted to do is become a video game designer. A lot of people that I knew said I was made for such a career. However, my charter school didn’t have anything dealing with digital arts. After graduation I went on my mission, loved most every minute of it, but a great experience none the less. After the mission I continued to go to school but at that point my family felt that my desire to be a game designer was not wellShow MoreRelatedCareer And Career Careers : Career I Most Like For Me Are, Management Accountant And Elementary Teacher981 Words   |  4 PagesCareers After researching different types of careers, and completing do what you are report. The two careers I most like for me are; management accountant and elementary teacher. The first career I am very interesting is management accountant. The education or training for this position is a four year degree with an emphasis in accounting. Beginning accounting positions usually need 24 credits in accounting (courses in business, economics, computer science, and finance are very helpful. Also helpfulRead MoreThe Importance Of A Career And Occupational Exploration799 Words   |  4 Pages When choosing a career, occupational exploration is important and also plays a vital role when figuring what careers may or not fit you best. While it is important to know what you want to do from a career standpoint, having basic knowledge of the careers available to you based on you skills, abilities, and interests helps to narrow down your career options. When you examine career options, you should conducting proper research, and taking into account everything from salary to job outlook in theRead MoreStudying A Habit That Plenty Of People1390 Words   |  6 Pagesadultho od. The most general test that most college students will be spending most of their college career preparing for is the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The GRE exam is needed in order for an individual to attend Veterinarian School. In order to be successful on the GRE exam you know the material to study, learn what study habits to utilize, and find resources to practice testing on. Knowing the what kind of questions are going to be on the exam is important in the success process because thereRead MoreEssay on Reaching for the Stars: Planning for the Future1049 Words   |  5 PagesPlanning your life out ahead of time is absolutely one of the best things you could ever do. As a child growing up, all I could ever think of was what I wanted to be when I had gotten older. Never was I a normal kid, I planned my whole life out at the age of seven. Only thing I was never sure about was the path I wanted to follow as far as a career. A police officer, nurse, dancer, doctor and singer were some of the career choices I decided when I was seven years of age. Did I know my final choiceRead MoreEssay about A Career in Graphic Arts1186 Words   |  5 PagesA Career in Graphic Arts A career in graphic design is perfect for a creative individual who has a sense of design. A graphic designer is one who creates ideas that are expressed in words and/or pictures, and generally solves problems of visual communication, says Paul Rand, a professional designer (23). Employment in this profession is projected to increase 29% by the year 2006, which is the highest of any career according to a study done by the American Institute of the Graphic Arts (3)Read MorePersuasive Speech : Looking For Law1462 Words   |  6 Pagesisn’t the ideal thing anyone would want to do; but neither is convincing a jury that your client is indeed innocent and you have all the evidence to prove it. Despite the lack of publicity that the debate program gets at Durant High School, I chose to listen to the debater who was speaking at our freshman orientation. Signing up for debate is only one of the first steps to preparing yourself for one of the most stressful, yet rewarding jobs there i s to offer. Defending someone who is guilty seems badRead MoreChoosing A Career Essay980 Words   |  4 PagesChoosing a career is a daunting task and I would be willing to bet that you have probably changed directions at least two times since you first really started to think about what you wanted to do with your life. Typically during childhood you choose something glamorous, like a professional athlete or a performer of some sort. In your adolescence, you think of jobs that will make you a lot of money, like an entrepreneur or lawyer. However, as you get older and start to learn more about your likesRead MoreEssay on Preparing for a Career in Hr1335 Words   |  6 PagesPreparing for a career in HR Intro to Human Resources Management Preparing for a career in HR Human resources or HR is a demanding career that requires specialized training. Human Resources can be very high in its growth potential but the growth prospect, just like any other profession, depends on the ability of the person concerned. HR professionals manage a business’ employees, job candidates and work rules. They also conduct interviews, hire employees, fire employees, and manage employee’sRead MoreBody Language in the Workplace1018 Words   |  5 PagesThe book deals with how Body Language affects your business career and illustrates you step-by-step examples on the effect of Body Language and how to use it in favour of your success. The author’s Allan Barbara Pease both come from the Business World and established this book together, developing specific techniques trough personal experiences. Allan Pease made his first personal experience with the effect of Body Language as a Teenage Boy, working as a door-to-door salesman for a rubber spongeRead MoreThe Problem Of Teenage Years844 Words   |  4 Pagescom/news/grace-from-drug-dealer-to-model-citizen-omaha-pastor-paved/article_7b9a44bf-d12e-5bfc-85a1-c5c6ee07dc88.html is a husband, father, entrepreneur, published author https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781628542059 and a pastor preparing to open his own church. Young is also the executive director and founder of The Start Center for Entrepreneurship http://startcenteromaha.org/about/: An organization http://startcenteromaha.org/, based in Omaha that assists minorities and women launch

No comments:

Post a Comment